Released: October 8, 2018
Index mirroring fixes¶
This release fixes the mountindex management command that mounts an index as a FUSE filesystem. It also includes a fix for indexes that return a multi line value. The carriage returns and newlines characters are now converted into spaces to make the index value a valid filesystem directory. Lastly an issue with the duplicated value was fixed. Indexes levels that return a duplicated value will not show as directory entries when mounted as a FUSE filesystem.
This release includes several fixes for Python 3 compatibility and reduce the fail count of the test suit to just one test.
Visually the view to create or edit a transformation remains the same. But internally those views now use an explicit form to allow performing YAML format validation of arguments.
Stricter error checking was added to the crop transformation.
- Consolidate some document indexing test code into a new mixin.
- Update compressed files class module to work with Python 3.
- Update document parsing app tests to work with Python 3.
- Handle office files in explicit binary mode for Python 3.
- Return a proper list of SearchModel instances (Python 3).
- Specify FUSE literals in explicit octal notation (Python 3).
- URL quote the encoded names of the staging files using Django’s compat module. (Python 3)
- Open staging file in explicit binary mode. (Python 3)
- Add separate Python 2 and Python 3 versions of the MetadataType model .comma_splitter() static method.
- Update the metadata app tests to work on Python 3.
- Make sure metadata lookup choices are a list to be able to add the optional marker (Python 3).
- Make sure the image in the document preview view is centered when it is smaller than the viewport.
- Restore use of the .store_body variable accidentally remove in 63a77d0235ffef3cd49924ba280879313c622682. Closes GitLab issue #519. Thanks to TheOneValen @TheOneValen for the report.
- Add shared cache class and add mounted index cache invalidation when document and index instance nodes are updated or deleted.
- Fix document metadata app view error when adding multiple optional metadata types. Closes GitLab issue #521. Thanks to the TheOneValen @TheOneValen for the report.
Upgrading from a previous version¶
If installed via Python’s PIP¶
Remove deprecated requirements:
$ curl https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/raw/master/removals.txt | pip uninstall -r /dev/stdin
Type in the console:
$ pip install mayan-edms==3.1.5
the requirements will also be updated automatically.
If you installed Mayan EDMS by cloning the Git repository issue the commands:
$ git reset --hard HEAD $ git pull
otherwise download the compressed archived and uncompress it overriding the existing installation.
Remove deprecated requirements:
$ pip uninstall -y -r removals.txt
Next upgrade/add the new requirements:
$ pip install --upgrade -r requirements.txt
Perform these steps after updating the code from either step above.
Migrate existing database schema with:
$ mayan-edms.py performupgrade
Add new static media:
$ mayan-edms.py collectstatic --noinput
The upgrade procedure is now complete.
Backward incompatible changes¶