Released: June 29, 2016
This is a bug-fix release and all users are encouraged to upgrade.
Temporary files cleanup¶
When uploading PDF files that had been OCRed by previous software, the text parser backend that uses Poppler, would leave behind some temporary files in the /tmp folder. The issue has been resolved and from the fix a test mixin system check has been devised that will identify places in the codebase with similar behaviors, reducing the recurrence of similar issues in the future.
- Add help message when initialsetup migration phase fails. Relates to GitLab issue #296
- Start using self.setdout instead of print as per documentation.
- Fix GitLab issue #295, “When editing a user the top bar jumps to the name of the user”.
- Normalize handling of temporary file and directory creation.
- Explicitly check for residual temporary files in tests.
- Add missing temporary file cleanup for office documents.
- Fix file descriptor leak in the document signature download test.
Upgrading from a previous version¶
Type in the console:
$ pip install -U mayan-edms
the requirements will also be updated automatically.
If you installed Mayan EDMS by cloning the Git repository issue the commands:
$ git reset --hard HEAD $ git pull
otherwise download the compressed archived and uncompress it overriding the existing installation.
Next upgrade/add the new requirements:
$ pip install --upgrade -r requirements.txt
Migrate existing database schema with:
$ mayan-edms.py performupgrade
Add new static media:
$ mayan-edms.py collectstatic --noinput
The upgrade procedure is now complete.
Backward incompatible changes¶